Sleeeeep...

Jack slept through the night!!!! Woohoo!! That's two nights in a row now, which gives me hope it's not just a fluke. Oh my goodness, five and a half months without a single full night's sleep and now suddenly, BAM, eight hours of uninterrupted sleepy goodness. He's also falling asleep like a champ. I don't even have to rock him anymore. Letting him cry it out, while hard for us both, has worked wonders. I just take him upstairs, turn on his lullabies, and lay him in his crib. A few minutes of quiet fussing, then silence. This is wonderful. Simply wonderful.

He's making up for it, though, by being extra clingy during the day. Actually, it began exactly after he slept through the night the first time (meaning it started yesterday). He doesn't want to be put down. He doesn't want to be in the Boba, front or back (although front is better than back when I'm desperate), he wants to be held in my arms so he can look and move and reach and grab and heaven forbid I try to put him down for a few minutes to go to the bathroom or unload the dishwasher or deal with the puppy when Mom or Dad aren't around. I didn't even start making supper last night until 7:30, after he went to bed. The moms of the Internet say this clinginess is just a phase, but I hope it's one that passes soon. The house is a mess and I'm afraid Dad is going to start charging me rent if I don't get back to keeping things clean around  here.

Speaking of cleaning, I hope the house deal goes through. I really, really do. It'll be great to be in my own place and not feel the pressure of having to earn my keep. I'm so grateful to my parents for sheltering me and helping with Jack while EJ's deployed, I honestly don't know what I would have done without them, but I'm also ready to have my own place again and that old farmhouse is calling my name. =)

Two more months. Two more months. Two more months till EJ gets back!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008