They Are Not Mine

I have no children of my own yet, wich means all of my thoughts come from the outside looking in, but I've been thinking lately about bearing children in the midst of the largest government takeover scheme since FDR (or maybe Jimmy Carter, I'm not very up on my 20th cent. American history). I'm also wondering how long it's going to take the government to move from essentially taking over such industries as automobile manufacturing to taking total control of our kids, communist style. I'm left wondering if having children is even a good idea when they could potentially be ripped from my arms and sent to state indoctrination centers leaving me with little to no influence over, or even contact with, them. I know about the demographic winter we're facing and, believe me, EJ can tell you how badly I want kids, so it says something that I'd actually consider not having any just so the state can't get their dirty, greedy hands on them.

But then I realize that ... I've been thinking about this incorrectly the whole time. My children aren't really mine; they belong to God. He gives them to us to nurture and care for and enjoy, but we no more own them than we own our bodies. Jesus never said to stop having children because times are hard. Certainly the persecuted Roman Christians didn't grow through conversions alone. Rather, Jesus said, "[R]ender to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's" (Matthew 22:21) Our children belong to God; they are His before they are ours. Ceasar may try to steal them, but God will ultimately triumph over those who reject Him.

Of course, you realize I'm only saying this in the context of the government illegally excersizing more and more control over our personal lives. I, in no way, am saying to literally abandon your kids, trusting God to take care of them. He ordered this world and we should follow that order. This also doesn't mean that we won't lose some of children psychologically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually to the state. It's a sad fact of existence that not every person on earth is saved - and that will include many of our descendants. However, ultimately, we should be looking to God in all situations no matter what.

Comments

Amy said…
I'm also wondering how long it's going to take the government to move from essentially taking over such industries as automobile manufacturing to taking total control of our kids, communist style.
To a certain degree, we are already there. Look at what happened to me: someone called & made a false accusation against me, CPS documented there were no signs of abuse (duh!), yet they made me hand my child over to someone else for temporary care anyway. They also gave me a "service plan" that would have required me to place Peapod in full-time childcare, at my expense, with people of their choosing, in order for the case no to go to court. Of course, technically, they were lying to me, but when government officials come with armed police officers, there is only so much you can do to assert your "rights"

Do some research about CPS and "follow the money" The child abuse industry is, indeed, a money making entity. All such depts are very corrupt, but from my research, Kentucky offers the best and most documented evidence of corruption, even to the point the mainstream local news covers the insanity.

I don't think you are odd at all for what you are feeling. After what I've been through, I'm ready to leave the United States and I say this only half-kidding. ;o)
Monica said…
My heart broke when I first heard what had happened with Peapod. I'm so thankful to God that you were able to get her back and get away. I've begun looking into CPS and I agree that we're pretty much "on our way" as far as government-controlled childhood is concerned. Now it's just a matter of keeping the peace of Christ in our hearts and realizing He is sovereign in all things.

I've also actually done some research into other countries to see if it would be worth it to leave here. The only one that came close to tempting me was Singapore, but even there land is so scarce that one could probably only ever afford a small apartment, leaving you still dependent on purchasing your necessities rather than growing or making them.

Sorry, not a very positive post. I sincerely hope things only get better from here - both for you personally and this whole country.

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008