Huh. This is so odd.

EJ found out where he's being stationed today. He thought at first that he'd try and be funny and tell me he got unaccompanied orders to Japan for two years - and I hung up on him. Then he told me where he really got put and ... well ... it's not Michigan. It's in the south. I'm not a southerner; I'm a yankee to the core. =}

I've lived the majority of my life in Michigan. Sure, I've visited other places - a lot of places, in fact, but I can't really remember living anywhere other than the mitten. I'll miss showing people where I live using my hand. I'll miss the Michigan accents. I'll miss the snow. I'll miss the seasons. I'll miss making fun of the Canadians. Basically, I'll miss everything but the nanny-like, bloated government run by a former Canadian.

Ugh. I hate the heat.

Okay, I'm waxing sentimental. Sorry. I'll go reminisce about my home state alone.

At least I'm not leaving until May. =S

Comments

Amy said…
As a former Michigander turned Southerner, your post has my giggling. :P I'm back in my "second home" of Atlanta right now and it looks as if we're headed to Fort Rucker for my husband's warrant office flight training upon his deployment home. If you happened to be headed to Georgia and need any info, do not hesitate to email me as I'd be happy to pass along some info. :o)
Monica said…
Haha. I was just coming back to add a P.S. for *you*, wondering if you were in the vicinity of North Carolina, but, alas, two (and-a-half) states apart. Thanks for the help offering, though.

And, yes, gotta love them Canadians, eh? =P
Amy said…
We may be heading to Fort Bragg if Sean doesn't get into flight training and if he does, Fort Eustis (again) or Fort Bragg are likely places he'd be stationed next. I always have the hope that we will wind up being stationed by someone I know from Blog Land. Maybe that sounds odd, but it would be so nice to have opportunity to meet somebody I've already "met" and have a proper conversation over tea or hot cocoa :D
Monica said…
That sounds wonderful!

Just checking out google maps, it looks like Fort Bragg is about 2 hours away from EJ's duty station and Fort Eustace is somewhat farther, but there's nothing like making a day of it. =D

I realize it's probably a little ways down the road yet, but if you find out that Sean is getting stationed at one or the other, shoot me an email and we can be a bit more free with locations and whatnot. =)

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008