Skin Condition

Did I tell you about my skin condition, yet? I forget. The doctor says it's not contagious and that it could just 'pop up' anywhere - even on my nose.

Well, it's not only been 'popping up', it's been 'popping up' everywhere simultaneously. It starts as a small, round, red splotch, which may or may not be itchy, but is usually tender. It then grows at an alarming rate, becoming swollen and painful. Usually, by the time it begins healing, it's huge. The first time it happened, the ER (cuz I was freaking out) diagnosed me with cellulitis and gave me a massive dose of steroids and it was gone in two days. The second time it happened, I went to my regular doctor, who diagnosed it as something completely different and said that it'll appear every now and then and I just have to live with it. But he did add that if it begins happening frequently, to come back and see him.

Well, it's happening frequently, doc. In the past week it's shown up on my left and right arm, my torso, my rear end, my leg, and now my face. My lip and cheeks are so swollen I can barely form a seal and I'm not even sure I can eat or drink anything, yet. It was definitely a God-send that I unexpectedly got today off work, because I don't think they'd want me in there looking and sounding as I do. =(

If you see this post, please say a little prayer that the doctor doesn't treat this flippantly, but tries to find a solution to the problem. Thanks and God bless. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008