Homesick

Wow, it just hit me this very instant - I'm homesick for Michigan and my family. Very homesick. Quite homesick. I want to run back north and hide under my parents' bed so no one can find me and drag me back down here.

I miss my dog. I know he's dead, but being away from the house makes it harder to accept this, since he's living in my memories and I can think of him as still being there all I want without having to confront reality.

UPDATE: As always God is good and merciful. No sooner had I pressed the submit button than my phone rang and it was EJ on the line.
Him: Guess what, hon. I'm coming home for lunch today! [This never happens]
Me (blubbering): I'm ... so ... homesick! *cries more*
Him: Well, do you want to laugh?
Me: *sniffles* Y-yeah.
And he proceeded to regale me with anecdotes from that morning. I feel much better now that hubby's on his way home. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008