I want to know that I'm doing this for the right reasons. Am I pursuing Orthodoxy because it is exotic and unfamiliar? Will my interest cease once it has become routine? I find that, after much struggle, I am able to accept and embrace many of the Orthodox teachings that differ from protestant ones, such as the Eucharist and saints (I feel a particular connection with St. Monica, mother of St. Augustine).

I don't want to embark on this journey alone. I want EJ to want it, too. I want to discover Christ's church with him.

My decision will create yet more waves. There is so much drama in my family right now and it's mostly because of me. I'm tired of trying to explain everything I believe and do to a group of people who won't accept it (there's more to this than just the headcovering issue I've mentioned in the past.)

Right now I'm emotionally drained and spiritually whirling. I need Christ's power to settle over everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008