On phone calls and platoon videos

Oh my goodness. So, yesterday I got to speak to EJ and today I got to see him!

EJ is almost finished with bootcamp (only 14 more days!) and the day before yesterday they beat the other platoons in their Final Drill Test, so their senior drill instructor gave them all a phone call home and bought them pizza, haha. It was so wonderful to hear his voice again after nearly three months; it sounded so much deeper than when he left. =P

Today, the platoon videos were posted. All the recruits in India company stood with their platoons and drill instructors while a video panned over all of their faces. I think I recognized him; in fact, I'm about 98% sure it was him, but he is so incredibly changed from the boy I hugged goodbye last January.

I dunno how to describe it. As I just said, they only filmed his face, which was a lot thinner from having lost quite a bit of weight, but even just seeing that, there was something different in his demeanor, something stronger and more confident, not to sound too cliché.

I just can't wait to have him back for a few days, in which we can be deliriously happy, before sending him off to San Diego once more for some further training. This is an entirely new chapter in our lives, one which I'm most anxious to begin. Only another year or so, God willing, before I'm that man's wife!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008