Last College Class Ever

Hopefully.

I finished the last class of what I hope will be my last college course ever. The only problem is that I've been down this road before, so, until Hillsdale excepts the transfer, I won't hold my breath.

Let me say, I'm much more appreciative of Hillsdale after taking this course. It has deepened my understanding of just how insidious the liberal academic mindset can be and how powerless students are to change things if they're dependent upon their teachers "liking them" to pass the class. Tonight was particularly hard, as my professor went on and on about feminism and imperialism and railed against western civilization for thinking they're better than everyone else. I just sat there and took it - and got heartburn in the process - while he extolled the work of Betty Frieden, calling the home a place of empty depression and heartache (sadly, I was the only one in the class who seemed to know anything about The Feminine Mystique). At least I didn't smile while he mocked 19th century missionaries for thinking Christianity was the "one true path". The truly amazing thing is that he was able to get away with this while Campbell University purports to have a Christian bent.

I seriously felt sick and almost ran out of the room after class was over. And now I feel sick because I was such a coward.

Damn colleges for giving professors the power to arbitrarily decide student's grades. Damn them for giving them tenure. Damn them for allowing this kind of filth to perpetuate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008