Wedding Pictures

I found out yesterday that wedding photography trouble is a dominant gene passed down through the females of my mother's side of the family.

My wedding (2008): Both my courthouse wedding and my "formal" wedding had issues. First, EJ and I didn't bring a proper camera to our last-minute elopement, so we got only two camera-phone pictures of us actually tying the knot - one of which is now lost. Then, because our "formal" wedding was so rushed, no professional photographer could be found. A friend of an uncle said he'd do it, but then never showed. Of course, everyone brought their own cameras, but there were no beautiful professional ones such as those you see displayed all over photography websites.

My mother's wedding (1982): A little while before my mom walked down the isle, she and her photographer found an empty room in which to do the classic "beauty" shots of the bride. After snapping dozens of pictures, it came time for the ceremony to begin - and the photog realized he'd mistakenly left the cap over the lense for the entire shoot.

My grandmother's wedding (1950): My grandfather hired a friend whom he'd met during the war to take the pictures. Little did he know that this friend, in starting up his own business, was nearly destitute and could only afford eight frames. So, eight pictures is all they have of their entire day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008