Ongoing School Dispute

Holy smoke, I mentioned for the first time to my mom today how I still needed three credits to complete my degree and she nearly blew a gasket! She wasn't angry at me, but at the school for letting me graduate and then telling me after the fact that I still needed these credits. I completely understand why she was so upset though, she and my dad footed most of my hefty bill for four years and expect to be treated better than this.

I'm still upset at the school as well, but I'm also upset at myself for letting this slip by. I should have caught it.

Seriously, Hillsdale is a good college, better than most, but it is not the savior of the world most conservatives think it is. It has its hypocrisies, its surrenders to the culture, etc, and it spends altogether too much on making itself look good to the outside, rather than making sure its dormitories are up to code. No school is perfect, I just wish I wasn't on the receiving end of one of the things that doesn't make it perfect.

I wouldn't trust sending my children to a government funded college, for sure, but I would also take everything any other college says with a hefty grain of salt.

EDIT: I should say that, if you haven't been reading my blog for long, these thoughts didn't just appear with that email from the registrar's office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008