Ich bin in Himmel

I was talking to EJ last night (as we do every night - w00t for free Verizon to Verizon minutes!!) about what life will be like once we're married and settled in together. He seemed to really want to impress upon me the fact that any further schooling he may have might keep him away from the house for the majority of the day and that he'd be very tired and cranky when he got back in the evenings and he made sure to point out that I'd pretty much be the only one in charge of the house during most of the week and, when he walked though the door, he'd want me to look nice and greet him with a smile and have supper steaming on the table, because, no matter how tired I was, he'd be tireder (yes, I thought that word appropriate) and would want to just collapse and relax and be pampered. He seemed to think I might be averse to this, but all I could do was giggle like a schoolgirl and try to explain that that's what I've been dreaming of doing for so long now.

Seriously, that sounds like heaven: a decent part-time job at an airport (for the flight benefits) then spending the rest of my time making any little apartment we have feel like home so, at the end of the day, EJ can return to a place where he'll know he can rest and be loved. I'm getting so giddy just thinking about it.

P.S. - Of course, the weekends will be a slightly different matter - that'll be EJ's time for projects and whatnot that I simply can't do on my own. =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008