Living Daily with Discouragement

"With all the money I'm spending on your education, you'd better do something with it other than just popping out babies."

That's what my dad said to me this morning by way of 'encouragement.' Unfortunately, that sentiment is shared by the rest of my family who are simply too polite to be quite as ... erm ... articulate.

What higher calling could I attain than serving my family in a Godly way and properly educating my children using what I learned in school? If he's so dead set against me following God's plan for the family, why doesn't he just withdraw me and 'consign' me to a life without a degree? I'll happily have a courthouse wedding and join EJ wherever he's stationed. Sure, I wouldn't mind finishing college, but, honestly, I'm only there because my dad wants me to be.

One more year and I'll be free. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008