Athlete = Rude?

Today marks the second time in as many days that I have been cut directly in front of while waiting in line for food. Seriously, they just walked right in front of me and stayed there - most didn't even seem to notice I existed.

Is it because I'm the short, frizzy-haired girl with glasses and they were all tall athletes who, apparently, think they own the world? Just because you can leap tall buildings with a single bound doesn't mean you can ignore such things as common decency and respect.

EDIT: I realize this was written with a spirit of hurt and anger. The Bible calls us to love your enemies and do good to those who persecute you (Matt. 5: 43-48). It even says that "if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also" (Matt. 5: 40)! In that case, I should have backed graciously away and asked the LORD to take away my anger and replace it with love.

Of course, there wouldn't have been anything wrong with just a quick, polite, "Excuse me, but I was here first," however, since I'm socially autistic and unable to speak up for myself, I choose, instead, to stew over every little perceived or real slight. Too, if I had spoken up and they'd simply laughed, Matthew 5 would have been just as applicable, if not more so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008