A Convoluted Beginning

Well, hello there. Allow me to introduce myself:

Name: Rin

Age: 20

Location: USA

Faith: Christian, Nondenominational

Political leanings (unofficial): Conservative Libertarian

Status: Betrothed (hehe, I like that word and its connotations)

Occupation: College Student for most of the year (Almost a Senior! Whoo!). I also work in the college costume shop helping make the costumes for the various theatre productions. I love it there. My second job is summers and holidays only as a secretary for an emergency room; not so thrilled about that one - but it brings in the green.

Hopes for the future: To marry my lover, settle down, maybe find a quickie job somewhere 'til we have kids, then settle down even more and become a full time homemaker.

I can't think of any other little tags to put, so I'll just have to reveal myself through my future posts!

~~~~~

This is more my first post than my actual "first post."

Today is the last day of Spring Break. My bags are packed and I'll be leaving in a few hours to go back to school. (Boo!) I don't like being at college. If I could just stay at home and help out until I get married, I'd be in heaven, but, unfortunately, my dad does not agree with me on that. I have to admit, too, that if my husband dies I can't exactly count on my family to take care of us ("us" being me and any future children). Thus, a college education is required (*pouts*). Don't get me wrong, I want to be educated and the college I've chosen is the absolute best in its "bracket," but I think I could have learned what I have at school, with maybe only a little more trouble (and a lot smaller price tag!), at home.

Anyway, I'm rather a negative person, so I apologize in advance if I sound like I'm always complaining. I try really hard to be positive, but, in this fallen world, I find it difficult at times.

So, my life right now basically consists of schooling and writing letters to my fiance ("EJ") who is in Marine boot camp right now (Graduation is April 25!).

I'm a loner. Yes. An acquaintance once told me that some girls on my hall in our dorm don't even know what I look like - and that's after living within 100 feet of me for 8 months! While I'm perfectly content shutting myself away for most of the day, I know that such a life is not conducive to carrying out the Great Commission. Thankfully, I am a sinner who has been saved by grace and my God is infinitely bigger than any personality foibles I may harbor.

'Til next time, peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008