Okay, maybe getting a little carried away here...

Commissary, oh commissary,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
I love thee to almost the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when you are within sight
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most urgent need, by stove and oven's light
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right
I love thee purely, with undying praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
By my culinary griefs and child-like faith
I love thee with a love I shall never lose
While ingredients stand ready -- with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -- and, if I could choose,
I would love thee even after death

*Based on the poem by Elizabeth Barret Browning

Comments

Amy said…
LOL! Have you checked the clearance section yet? That's my ultimate commissary love. ;o)

Off-topic, but I am going to be ceasing my public blogging after Sean deploys home next month and was wondering if you might like an invite to my private blog, Rin. If you are interested, please let me know at what email to send your invite. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

November 26, 2008